Delhi, July 29
Union Minister of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Shri Bhupender Yadav and Minister of State for Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey attended the Global Tiger Day 2022 Celebrations held today at Chandrapur Forest Academy, Maharashtra.
The Ministers, along with other delegates, visited Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve (TATR) and appreciated the diversity of the landscape, its flora and fauna and had informal interactions with the forest staff & tiger reserve management to understand the field level protection issues.
Tadoba Anderi Tiger Reserve has a landscape with a high-density of tigers that co-exist with the local population. Shri Yadav was deeply appreciative of the dedication of the staff in carrying out enforcement activities specially the mobile application based smart patrolling called MSTRIPES.
He also appreciated the unique community-based ecotourism model which is providing livelihood opportunities to the locals and has helped win support for the reserve.
Global Tiger Day celebrations were held in Forest Academy in Chandrapur. Union Minister received the guard of honour by Special Tiger Protection Force, an exclusive regimented strike force from Tiger Reserves of Maharashtra & Kerala Forest Department.
Shri Bhupender Yadav congratulated all tiger range countries, and commended India in particular for setting a benchmark in conservation for having & protecting more than 70% of global tiger population.
He said that the Government of India has demonstrated its commitment to tiger conservation by increasing number of tiger reserves from initial nine in 1973 to the current 52, the latest being Ramgarh Vishdhari in Rajasthan.
The government is committed towards the well-being of the people who inhabit these tiger bearing landscapes through creation of various livelihood opportunities and interventions.
He commended Maharashtra for implementing the unique Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Jan Van Vikas Yojana which provides for schemes for the welfare of people living in and around tiger reserves which is worth emulating by other states.
To avoid complacency, an unbiased, independent, management effectiveness evaluation is conducted quadrennially involving outside experts in the wildlife conservation and also the All India Tiger Estimation once in four years and is currently being carried out for the fifth time, the Minister shared. He mentioned with pride that this unique exercise done in 2018 has entered the Guinness book of world record.
He emphasized on promoting low impact sustainable tourism in Tiger Reserves with maximization of visitor satisfaction and direct benefit sharing with locals. He shared that India has taken up a high priority conservation project to bring back Cheetah which went extinct in 1952 by embarking on cheetah introduction programme which is at an advanced stage of implementation. The bilateral agreement with Namibian Government is already signed and the MoU with South Africa will be signed soon. He appreciated all the field staff for the commitment shown for tiger conservation which has put the country in number one position globally.
- भू-तापीय तकनीक से टापरी में स्थापित होगा 8 करोड़ रुपये का सीए प्लांट: मुख्यमंत्री
- देश के वीर सैनिकों ने हमेशा बढ़ाया भारत वर्ष का मान-सम्मान:बंडारू
- CM SHOWCASES SECTOR WISE ACHIEVEMENTS OF STATE GOVERNMENT IN VARIOUS FIELDS
- प्रदेश सरकार जनसमस्याओं का समयबद्ध समाधान करने के लिए प्रतिबद्ध: मुख्यमंत्री
- Bansal demands Government College, School and Hospital at Manimajra
- SERVICE PENDENCY AT PUNJAB SEWA KENDRAS LOWEST IN LAST 5 YEARS: AMAN ARORA
- TAKE SOLEMN PLEDGE TO WIPE OUT SOCIAL MALADIES FROM STATE: CM URGES PEOPLE ON DUSSEHRA
- CCPCR organizes awareness session on POCSO Act
- Mayor flags off a contingent of enforcement vehicles
- Transport Minister flags off two direct buses from Khemkaran to Chandigarh and Tarn Taran to Sri Muktsar Sahib
- MCC to treat wastewater generated from Gaushalas in city
- मुख्यमंत्री ने मंडी जिला के 3800 आपदा प्रभावितों को वितरित किए 31 करोड़ रुपये
astrology Chandigarh News Choices Covid editor's pick Haryana News Headline Health News Highlight Himachal News India News Jammu&Kashmir latest jobs Mizoram North India News Panchkula News Panjab University Popular Punjab news Top Trendy What's New