Says, now there is no pendency with treasury under any CSS scheme
Directs departments to utilise funds in a timebound manner, lapse of funds under any scheme shall be viewed seriously
Chandigarh, September 21
Punjab Finance, Planning, Excise and Taxation Minister Advocate Harpal Singh Cheema said on Wednesday that the Finance Department has released a funds amounting to Rs. 646 Crore for major schemes.
Revealing this in a statement issued here, Harpal Singh Cheema said that now there was no pendency under any Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) or its respective state’s share with the Treasury after the release of Rs. 345 crore today to this effect. He also directed the concerned departments to utilize these funds in a time bound manner rather than waiting for the end of the financial year. He said that any lapse of funds due to non-utilisation shall be viewed serious by the Department of Finance.
Giving details of the funds released for the various other schemes, Cheema said that the Finance Department has released ₹240 crore under Major Works head. He further added that the Department has also released ₹36 crore to Milkfed and ₹25 crore to Health and Family Welfare Department for Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana.
Reiterating the commitment of Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann led Punjab Government to ensure overall development of the State, Cheema said that the Finance department has been putting in every effort to improve the fiscal health of the state besides ensuring the judicious utilization of the available resources.
- Pawan Bansal raises concerns over distressed market in sector-38
- राज्यपाल ने किया मातृवन्दना पत्रिका के विशेषांक का विमोचन
- MISSION ROZGAR: CM ILLUMINATES LIFE OF MORE 40,000 FAMILIES BY GIVING THEM GOVERNMENT JOBS IN NEARLY LAST TWO YEARS
- देश भगत विश्वविद्यालय के विद्यार्थियों ने शेफ प्रतियोगिता में पहला पुरस्कार जीता
- परमपिता शिव अजन्मा, अभोक्ता हैं व उनका स्वरूप ज्योतिर्बिन्दु है : बी के मुकेश दीदी-बी के शीना दीदी