NIO Desk, July 16
One of the well known Bollywood actresses, Katrina Kaif, turns one year older today on July 16. She has come a long way from captivating the audience with her jovial and exuberant performances in films like Namaste London and Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya to receiving critical acclaim for her work in Raajneeti and Tiger Zinda Hai.
She is one of the finest actresses in the Bollywood and everyone loves her acting skills that have become better overtime.
She is also a very good dancer and has given extraordinary performances in songs like Chikni Chameli (Agneepath), Ishq Dance (Jab Tak Hai Jaan), Malang (Dhoom 3) and Kala Chasma (Baar Baar Dekho) Sheila Ki Jawani (Tees Maar Khan).
Here are some lesser known facts about her you didn’t know
- Katrina is half- British and half- Indian
- Katrina Kaif was born in Hong Kong
- Her real name is Katrina Turquotte
- She changed her name to Katrina Kaif
- She changed her name because it was easier to pronounce
- Katrina has 7 siblings
- Katrina was raised by her mother
- She received her first modelling assignment at the age of 14
- She lived in London before she moved to Mumbai
- Katrina was homeschooled
- She not fluent in Hindi, so her voice was dubbed until she learnt it well
- Her super-hit song chikni chameli was filmed in 10 days
- Katrina was paid Rs. 12 crore for Dabanng tour
- Katrina Kaif is also a philanthropist
- She is one of the highest paid celebrities of Bollywood
- Her wax statue was installed at Madame Tussaud’s in London in 2015.
- Katrina loves painting
- She is a great chess player too
- She has her own cosmetic brand too
- Katrina Kaif has over 60 million follower on Instagram
astrology Chandigarh News editor's pick Haryana News Health News Himachal News India News Jammu&Kashmir latest jobs Mizoram North India News Panchkula News Panjab University Punjab news