Delhi, July 27
Launch of 5G mobile service is likely during 2022-23 by Telecom Service Providers. The Department of Telecommunication vide notification dated 15th June, 2022 has already initiated the process of Auction of Spectrum in 600 MHz, 700 MHz, 800 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2100 MHz, 2300 MHz, 2500 MHz, 3300 MHz, and 26 GHz Bands which includes the Spectrum required for launch of 5G Services.
The Department of Telecommunications has amended the guidelines for Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for manufacturing of telecom & networking products to facilitate design-led manufacturing of 5G products in the country.
One of the amendments is 1% higher incentive for products qualifying the design-led criteria. The application window has been opened since 21st June, 2022 till 5th August, 2022. In addition to existing PLI beneficiaries, total 26National/ Multinational companies have shown their interest as on 21.07.2022.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Communications, Shri Devusinh Chauhan in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Meanwhile in addition
Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF) has taken up a number of projects to enable affordable broadband and mobile services proliferation in rural and remote areas. In BharatNet projects total of 5,81,351 Km of Optical Fibre Cable(OFC) has been laid to connect 2,64,549 Gram Panchayats (GPs) and at present 1,77,550 GPs are service ready, which includes 4394 GPs connected through satellite. Andaman & Nicobar islands has been connected with mainland through submarine cable.
There is another project for laying of submarine cable to connect Lakshadweep with mainland. There are several other schemes viz. provision of mobile services in Left Wing Extremism (LWE) affected areas, in villages of aspirational districts and in North Eastern region.
Five per cent of annual collections under the Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF) shall be allocated to promote Research and Development (R&D) and commercialization of technologies and solutions.
Global bids were invited on 20.07.2021 for implementation under PPP model of BharatNet. However, no response was received from any of the prospective bidders. A revised strategy for BharatNet is accordingly being formulated.
- Dr Mansukh Mandaviya addresses Global Vaccine Research Collaborative Discussion on Vaccine Research and Development, a G20 co-branded event
- PM chairs high level meeting to take stock of the situation in the wake of the train mishap in Odisha
- Haryana Deputy Chief Minister presented a gift of Rs 12.20 crores to Narnaul region
- ATP arrested for bribery, demanded Rs 40 lakh in exchange for preventing the demolition of unauthorized colony
- PEDAL TO KEEP DISEASES AWAY, HEALTH MINISTER GIVES MANTRA ON WORLD BICYCLE DAY
- Punjab to forge strategic partnership with Israel for better water management: Jimpa
- Panjab University, Chandigarh conducted the entrance test PUTHAT -2023 for admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management courses
- Employees to hold demonstration in support of their demands
- Punjabi language in the B.A. Courses in the Panjab University(PU)
- Sports Minister Meet Hayer congratulates Indian team for winning Junior Hockey Asia Cup
- Meet Hayer visits Bhakra-Nangal project, inspects Dam and Reservoir
- All Zodiac Signs horoscope for 13 May, 2023 – Daily horoscope today May 13, 2023
astrology Chandigarh News editor's pick Haryana News Health News Himachal News India News Jammu&Kashmir latest jobs Mizoram North India News Panchkula News Panjab University Punjab news