A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was executed between Police Department of UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu and Police Department of UT, Chandigarh under the scheme “Ek Bharat, Shrestha Bharat”- Cultural Exchange between State Police Forces. The purpose of this MOU is to set up a mechanism between States/UTs having different culture and language for better understanding and appreciation of each other’s culture, policing system and general administration.
The main objectives of this MOU are to develop understanding of and appreciation for each other’s culture and society, develop understanding of the organization, administration and functioning of Police, share knowledge between the UTs for upgrading professional skills, understand and appreciate each other’s working culture and ethics to pick up the best policing practices.
As per the MOU, both paired Union Territories will send 5 police personnel on monthly basis for a period of 25 days.
In execution of this MOU, both paired Union Territories have started sending their Police Personnel on monthly basis for a period of 25 days. Accordingly, in the first batch 5 Police Officials of Chandigarh Police namely Sr.C. Sukhjinder Pal Singh, No.3610/CP, Constable Kashmiri Lal, No.6426/CP, Constable Rohit, No.1940/CP, Constable Rohit, No.1940/CP and Constable Bhupesh, No.4759/CP have been sent to Police Department of UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu. Today they have reported there.
5 Police Personnel from Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu namely Constable P. N. Ghared, Constable Amit F. Yadav, Constable Sanjay Kumar, Constable Deepak Kumar and Constable Jitesh Solanki have also reported today in Chandigarh at Recruit Training Centre, Police Lines, Sector-26, Chandigarh. Further, as per schedule they will be attached with the different units of Chandigarh Police for giving them practical exposure of working of Chandigarh Police. They will also be involved in various cultural activities during their visit to develop a better understanding of regional culture.
- Municipal Corporation seeks advance on Grant in Aid, from Chandigarh AdministrationChandigarh, *Mayor Anup Gupta had met Administrator UT and sought funds to carry-on developmental works* *Chandigarh, September 8:-* Sh. Anup Gupta, Mayor, Chandigarh said that today Municipal Corporation sought advance against the 3rd installment of Grant in aid share ie 135 crores. It is pertinent to mention that the Mayor had met the Hon’ble Administrator … Read more
- On Appearance Day of Srila Bhakti Vedant Swami MaharajPaying due honor to an Acārya I once invited Śrīla Bhakti Vedanta Swāmī Mahārāja to visit Śrī Caitanya Gauḍīya Maṭha in Chandigarh while he was visiting the ISKCON temple there. He graciously accepted my invitation and arrived at the maṭha on the scheduled day. During his visit, my godbrother Śrī Rāma-prasāda Prabhu offered him a … Read more
- ʜᴇ ʜᴀs ɴᴏ ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇsʜᴇ ʜᴀs ɴᴏ ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇs I heard one particular incident of Guru Mahārāja that resonated with me. Guru Mahārāja was in court, and so many discussions were going on, so many people were abusing Guru Mahārāja. But Guru Mahārāja answered very softly no matter what they yelled at him. Guru Mahārāja came back and it was … Read more
- Rehabilitation colonies to get ownership rights- Chandigarh News
- Youth Samvad- India @ 2047 – Chandigarh