Chandigarh, July 26:-
Extending big relief for EWS colonies, the Chandigarh Administration has issued notification regarding waiver of property tax for EWS colonies (residential) having areas for than 500 Sq.ft. and EWS colonies (Commercial) with the extension of one month rebate benefits, for depositing the property tax on residential as well as commercial properties, for the current assessment year i.e. 2022-23 upto 31.08.2022.
As per the notification No. C-158715-FII(8)-2022/11029 dated 26.07.2022, in pursuance with the proposal of the Municipal Corporation, the Administrator, UT, Chandigarh granted the relief for EWS colonies, referred as rehabilitated colonies established under various schemes of Chandigarh Administration through Estate Office/Chandigarh Housing Board, from time to time.
1) EWS Colonies (residential) having areas for than 500 Sq.ft.
a) 50% waiver of principal amount in the assessment year 2019-20 and 2020-21.
b) 100% waiver on penal amount (including penalty and interest) in the assessment year 2019-20, 2020-21 & 2021-22.
2) EWS Colonies (Commercial)
a) 100% waiver of penal amount (including penalty and interest) on all arrears.
b) In case of violations, date of assessment to be calculated from date of detection of violation.
c) In case property tax assessment is from assessment year 2004-05, amount payable may be deposited in 4 equal installments within a period of 12 months without imposition of any additional penalty and interest.
The residents of EWS colonies who have already deposited the property tax without availing the mentioned waiver relief, their excess payment will be adjusted in future assessments by the Municipal Corporation, Chandigarh.
In addition to that, the last date alongwith rebate benefits, for depositing the property tax on residential as well as commercial properties, for the current assessment year i.e. 2022-23, which was earlier extended upto 31.07.2022 vide order No. C.158715-FII(8)-2022/8029A-33 dated 26.05.2022, is also hereby extended by a period of another one month i.e. upto 31.08.2022.
Thereafter, w.e.f. 01.09.2022, they are liable to pay property tax without the benefits of tax rebate that to alongwith applicable penalty and interest amount in accordance with the applicable provisions of property tax bye laws.
- Municipal Corporation seeks advance on Grant in Aid, from Chandigarh Administration
- On Appearance Day of Srila Bhakti Vedant Swami Maharaj
- ʜᴇ ʜᴀs ɴᴏ ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇs
- Rehabilitation colonies to get ownership rights- Chandigarh News
- Youth Samvad- India @ 2047 – Chandigarh
- Admission to MD/MS Courses (Session-2023) in GMCH-32 Chandigarh
- Chandigarh-based MSE top sellers on Government e-Marketplace
- Yoga day celebrated in Swami Devi Dyal College
- PSPCL meets its all-time highest demand of 14960 MW on June 21: Harbhajan Singh ETO
- MCC Constitutes flood control team during raining season
- UT Employees protest in support of demands
- Dr Mansukh Mandaviya addresses Global Vaccine Research Collaborative Discussion on Vaccine Research and Development, a G20 co-branded event