The initiative is to promote millets consumption for its health benefit
In order to promote consumption of Millets and in view of their health benefits, all offices of the Department of Food and Public Distribution (DFPD) have recently directed to introduce and promote millets in their canteens and in meetings.
Millets may be included as one of the snacks/Biscuit made up of millets (having main raw material as millet) such as Ragi Biscuits/Cookies/ladoos and baked millet chips etc. as snacks to be serve in the meetings. Millet/Ragi Dosa, Millet mix vada, Millet mix Puri and Idli /ragi ladoo etc. (Having main raw material as Millet) to be used in the Canteens and as far as possible locally available millet-based products should be used.
The year 2023 will be celebrated as International Year of Millets (IYoM). DFPD has been actively promoting procurement/consumption of millets in the country and utilization of procured millets for distribution in the TPDS/ICDS/MDM Scheme. Millets consumption confers several benefits and helps in managing life style diseases. Due to their high density of nutrients including vitamins, minerals, phyto chemicals and dietary fiber, millets are also excellent grains to alleviate malnutrition and micronutrient deficiency.
- Dr Mansukh Mandaviya addresses Global Vaccine Research Collaborative Discussion on Vaccine Research and Development, a G20 co-branded event
- PM chairs high level meeting to take stock of the situation in the wake of the train mishap in Odisha
- Haryana Deputy Chief Minister presented a gift of Rs 12.20 crores to Narnaul region
- ATP arrested for bribery, demanded Rs 40 lakh in exchange for preventing the demolition of unauthorized colony
- PEDAL TO KEEP DISEASES AWAY, HEALTH MINISTER GIVES MANTRA ON WORLD BICYCLE DAY
astrology Chandigarh News editor's pick Haryana News Health News Himachal News India News Jammu&Kashmir latest jobs Mizoram North India News Panchkula News Panjab University Punjab news