Chandigarh, July 25
Electricity Wing of Engineering Department, UT Chandigarh (EWEDC) in association with Bhakra Beas Management Board (BBMB) under the aegis of Ministry of Power and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy organized the celebration “Ujjwal Bharat, Ujjwal Bhavishya, Power @ 2047” under the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav on dated 25th July, 2022 at Tagore theatre wherein General Public/ representatives of RWAs/ Industrialists/ Public Representatives attended the occasion.
Sh. Dharam Pal, IAS, Adviser to the Administrator, UT Chandigarh was the Chief Guest of the celebration. The celebration started by lighting the Lamp by the Chief guest in the presence of Finance Secretary, Secretary, Science and Technology, Deputy Commissioner, Chairman BBMB, Chief Engineer and other officers of Chandigarh Administration and BBMB.
During the celebration, various short films on Capacity Addition, One Nation One Grid, Renewable Energy, Universal Household Electrification, Village Electrification, Consumer Rights and Distribution System Strengthening were screened. The celebration was followed by the Nukkad Natak/ Skits and cultural performance i.e. Bhangra to celebrate the Mahotsav.
Speaking on the occasion, Sh. Dharam Pal, IAS, Adviser to the Administrator, UT Chandigarh highlighted the key achievements of Power Sector in India mentioning that the generation capacity has increased from around 2.5 Lakh MW in 2014 to 4 Lakh MW today and India is exporting the surplus electricity to its neighbouring countries. From Ladakh to Kanyakumari and from Kutch to Myanmar border, it has emerged as the largest grid in the world.
Identified as the world’s largest electrification drive, India achieved 100% household electrification in 18 months. Also showcasing the achievements of UT Chandigarh, it was informed that the Electricity Wing of Engineering Department, Chandigarh has initiated steps for Energy Efficiency and Demand Side Management to reduce the power requirement. Till June 2022, 6,04,071 LED Bulb; 58,750 LED Tube Lights and 17,149 Energy Efficient Fans have been distributed under the UJALA scheme. The Adviser to the Administrator also informed that Chandigarh is already on the way of development as Solar City and 4110 sites with a total aggregate capacity of 49 MW Grid-Connected Rooftop Solar Plants are installed and commissioned in Chandigarh.
Under Smart Grid Project, a SCADA Control Centre has been established in Sector-18 Chandigarh, 06 of Sub Stations are being made compatible for remote communication & Advanced Metering Infrastructure is being installed. 24,212 of conventional energy meters have been replaced with Smart Energy Meters in Chandigarh till date. Due to installation of Smart Energy Meters, early detection of meter failures, improvement in billing accuracy, early energy theft detection and outage management is attained.
- भू-तापीय तकनीक से टापरी में स्थापित होगा 8 करोड़ रुपये का सीए प्लांट: मुख्यमंत्री
- देश के वीर सैनिकों ने हमेशा बढ़ाया भारत वर्ष का मान-सम्मान:बंडारू
- CM SHOWCASES SECTOR WISE ACHIEVEMENTS OF STATE GOVERNMENT IN VARIOUS FIELDS
- प्रदेश सरकार जनसमस्याओं का समयबद्ध समाधान करने के लिए प्रतिबद्ध: मुख्यमंत्री
- Bansal demands Government College, School and Hospital at Manimajra
- SERVICE PENDENCY AT PUNJAB SEWA KENDRAS LOWEST IN LAST 5 YEARS: AMAN ARORA
- TAKE SOLEMN PLEDGE TO WIPE OUT SOCIAL MALADIES FROM STATE: CM URGES PEOPLE ON DUSSEHRA
- CCPCR organizes awareness session on POCSO Act
- Mayor flags off a contingent of enforcement vehicles
- Transport Minister flags off two direct buses from Khemkaran to Chandigarh and Tarn Taran to Sri Muktsar Sahib
- MCC to treat wastewater generated from Gaushalas in city
- मुख्यमंत्री ने मंडी जिला के 3800 आपदा प्रभावितों को वितरित किए 31 करोड़ रुपये
astrology Chandigarh News Choices Covid editor's pick Haryana News Headline Health News Highlight Himachal News India News Jammu&Kashmir latest jobs Mizoram North India News Panchkula News Panjab University Popular Punjab news Top Trendy What's New