Chandigarh/ New Delhi, September 5-
The Punjab Rural Development, NRI Affairs and Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Minister, Mr. Kuldeep Singh Dhaliwal, today met the Union Minister for Road Transport, Mr. Nitin Gadkari, at Transport Bhawan, New Delhi to take up development and strengthening of road infrastructure in the border areas of Punjab.
After the meeting, Cabinet Minister Mr. Dhaliwal while talking to the media informed that the Union Ministry of Road Transport has given approval for the construction and up-gradation of two important roads in the border areas of Amritsar district. He said that the construction of Ghonewala Ramdass Road to Gulgarh road from near Dhusi Bann along the Ravi River and the development of Ajnala-Fatihgarh Churian-Ramdas road in border area block Ajnala have been given approval under the Central Road Fund (CRF).
He further said that due to the non-development of these two roads, the development of around 100 villages suffered a lot, but the completion of this project will give a big boost to the development of this area.
Kuldeep Dhaliwal said that this meeting was held in a conducive atmosphere with positive response by the Union Minister for each issue.
‘The Union Minister Gadkari has also given approval to develop the roads in Ajnala city and three roads between villages Awan, Gaggowal and Thoba under rehabilitation and assured to release the funds within the week for these roads. The Punjab Minister also disclosed that Union Minister Gadkari has assured that projects to develop other roads in the state will also be considered on priority basis.
In response to a question asked about the campaign being conducted by the Punjab government to free possession of panchayat lands, Mr. Dhaliwal said that during the last five months, 9 thousand 53 acres of land have been freed from illegal possession and this campaign will continue in the same way in the future. Lambasting at the leaders of opposition parties about the criticism being made by them regarding this campaign, Dhaliwal said that these panchayti lands have been illegally occupied during the Congress and Shiromani Akali Dal governments and these parties are doing baseless criticism only to cover up their failures.
astrology Chandigarh News editor's pick Haryana News Health News Himachal News India News Jammu&Kashmir latest jobs Mizoram North India News Panchkula News Panjab University Punjab news
- Dr Mansukh Mandaviya addresses Global Vaccine Research Collaborative Discussion on Vaccine Research and Development, a G20 co-branded eventDelhi, “The COVID-19 pandemic has demonstrated the importance of global collaboration in vaccine research and development. As we continue to navigate this once-in-a-century public health crisis, we realize the importance of research to accelerate vaccine development, particularly for emerging pathogens.” This was stated by Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers and Health & …
Dr Mansukh Mandaviya addresses Global Vaccine Research Collaborative Discussion on Vaccine Research and Development, a G20 co-branded event Read More »
- PM chairs high level meeting to take stock of the situation in the wake of the train mishap in OdishaPM leaves for Odisha to review situation Delhi, The Prime Minister has chaired a high level meeting to take stock of the situation in the wake of the train mishap in Odisha. Shri Modi is also heading to Odisha to review the situation. The Prime Minister’s Office tweeted: “PM Narendra Modi chaired a meeting to …
PM chairs high level meeting to take stock of the situation in the wake of the train mishap in Odisha Read More »
- Haryana Deputy Chief Minister presented a gift of Rs 12.20 crores to Narnaul regionChandigarh, Haryana Deputy Chief Minister, Sh. Dushyant Chautala on Thursday handed over various projects worth Rs. 12.20 crores to Narnaul region. On behalf of Prajapati Samaj, he laid the foundation stone for the strengthening work of various roads during the programme organized at Nasibpur. The Deputy CM laid the foundation stone for the strengthening …
Haryana Deputy Chief Minister presented a gift of Rs 12.20 crores to Narnaul region Read More »
- ATP arrested for bribery, demanded Rs 40 lakh in exchange for preventing the demolition of unauthorized colonyChandigarh, June 1- The Haryana Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) has apprehended three individuals, including an Assistant Town Planner (ATP) posted in the Municipal Corporation of Rohtak, for their involvement in demanding and accepting a bribe of Rs 10 lakh. Sharing the information here today, an ACB spokesperson informed that as per complainant, the ATP had demanded …
ATP arrested for bribery, demanded Rs 40 lakh in exchange for preventing the demolition of unauthorized colony Read More »
- PEDAL TO KEEP DISEASES AWAY, HEALTH MINISTER GIVES MANTRA ON WORLD BICYCLE DAYPunjab Health Department to Organise Cycle Rallies across the state today: Dr. Balbir Singh Chandigarh, June 2: To sensitise people about the benefits of adopting healthy lifestyle to keep the various lifestyle diseases such as Cancer, Diabetes, Cardiovascular and Stroke away, the Punjab Health and Family Welfare Minister Dr. Balbir Singh has directed to …
PEDAL TO KEEP DISEASES AWAY, HEALTH MINISTER GIVES MANTRA ON WORLD BICYCLE DAY Read More »
- Punjab to forge strategic partnership with Israel for better water management: JimpaEmbassy of Israel to collaborate in addressing water & wastewater challenges in Punjab Punjab to develop 500 smart villages with 24×7 water supply Chandigarh, June 2 Punjab Water Supply and Sanitation Minister Mr. Bram Shanker Jimpa on Wednesday said that the Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann led Punjab government would forge strategic partnership with Israel …
Punjab to forge strategic partnership with Israel for better water management: Jimpa Read More »