Chandigarh, October 23:
Taking a new initiative, The Punjab Vidhan Sabha Speaker, S. Kultar Singh Sandhwan has announced to give one lakh rupees each to the village panchayats of his constituency who do not burn paddy stubble. This amount will be given from his discretionary quota.
S. Sandhwan said that the burning of paddy stubble has a harmful impact on the environment along with the loss of fertility of the land. He said that according the principles of Gurbani, the people of Punjab love nature the most. As the people get aware about the harmful effects of stubble burning, they are abandoning this trend. He said that the day is not far when the people of the state will completely abandon the trend of burning straw and wheat.
S. Sandhwan has not only continuously made people aware about the harmful impact of stubble burning, but he has also honored people who did not burn the paddy stubble. Last week, he honored the farmers of different districts of the state during a ceremony at the Vidhan Sabha. It was a unique initiative of its kind. In this ceremony, 18 farmers from Faridkot district, 13 from Moga, 10 from Sangrur, 1 from Rupnagar, 10 from Gurdaspur and 7 from Ludhiana and Barnala were honored. He also appealed to the farmers to plant more trees for the protection of environment.
- Dr Mansukh Mandaviya addresses Global Vaccine Research Collaborative Discussion on Vaccine Research and Development, a G20 co-branded event
- PM chairs high level meeting to take stock of the situation in the wake of the train mishap in Odisha
- Haryana Deputy Chief Minister presented a gift of Rs 12.20 crores to Narnaul region
- ATP arrested for bribery, demanded Rs 40 lakh in exchange for preventing the demolition of unauthorized colony
- PEDAL TO KEEP DISEASES AWAY, HEALTH MINISTER GIVES MANTRA ON WORLD BICYCLE DAY