Panchkula, July 27-
Deputy Commissioner, Sh Mahavir Kaushik said that apart from making people aware, stringent steps are being taken to effectively enforce the single use plastic ban in Panchkula. As many as 585 challans have so far been issued in the district for violating the norms, in which a total fine of Rs 7.12 lakh has been imposed.
Sh. Mahavir Kaushik gave this information in the second meeting of the Special Task Force constituted for effective implementation of single-use plastic ban held with all the Deputy Commissioners through video conferencing under the chairmanship of Haryana Chief Secretary, Sh. Sanjeev Kaushal today.
Sh Kaushik said that people are being made aware about the adverse effects of plastic through various activities in schools, colleges, markets, mandis and other public places. Apart from this, 11 teams of officers of various departments’ have been constituted to strictly implement the single use plastic ban.
He further said that the teams have made 5,855 inspections and issued 585 challans in violation of norms and recovered a fine of Rs 7.12 lakh. Apart from this, 210.1 kilogram plastic has been seized from different places in the district, he added.
The Deputy Commissioner said that as per the directions issued by the State Government, ban on single use plastic has been imposed in the district from July 1, 2022 onwards.
To effectively implement the ban, he himself has been reviewing the steps taken by the concerned departments and also issuing necessary directions, he said adding that to completely curb the use of plastic, it is necessary to identify its source. Sh Kaushik said that directions have also been issued to the enforcement teams to conduct regular raids on wholesalers of plastics carry bags and other items.
On this occasion, Commissioner Municipal Corporation Sh Dharamvir Singh, Regional Officer of Haryana State Pollution Control Board, Panchkula Virendra Poonia, ACP Vijay Nehra and concerned officers of various other departments.
- देश के बजट के दशमलव 4 प्रतिशत से दी जा सकती है किसानों को MSP, भाजपा ने बनाया अहंकार का मुद्दा’
- शिव रात्रि के यथार्थ अर्थ व परमात्मा शिव की सत्य पहचान के सन्देश से श्रद्धालुओं को अवगत कराया
- सुख के लिए स्वच्छ एवं शांत मन ही सर्वोत्तम साधन : स्वामी संपूर्णानंद सरस्वती
- पूर्व की सरकारों ने शिवालिक तलहटी क्षेत्र की पूरी तरह से उपेक्षा की : कृष्ण बेदी
- ICAI’s Chandigarh Nicasa branch got the best branch award
- Message of Guru Ravidas for entire humanity – Satya Pal Jain
- Dr. Ambedkar Institute Of Hotel Management, holds Aradhanam
- भाजपा अनुसूचित जाति मोर्चा के जिला अध्यक्षों की नियुक्ति की प्रदेश अध्यक्ष सत्य प्रकाश जरवाता ने
- Our youth holds the key to unlocking the immense potential that lies within India : Dr. Nemi Chand
- (no title)
- Police arrested two snatchers and solved 4 snatching cases
- गुरु रविदास जी द्वारा दिए गए समानता एवं सौहार्द के मूल्यों का अनुसरण करना जरूरी : डॉ. संदीप संधू
astrology Chandigarh News Choices Covid editor's pick Haryana News Headline Health News Highlight Himachal News India News Jammu&Kashmir latest jobs Mizoram North India News Panchkula News Panjab University Popular Punjab news Top Trendy What's New