Chandigarh, July 27
Meeting of the State Level Road Safety Council was held on 27.7.2022 under the Chairmanship of the Advisor to the Administrator, U.T. Chandigarh to discuss various road safety related issues. The meeting was attended by the Home Secretary-cum-Secretary Transport UT, Finance Secretary-cum-Secretary Engineering, DC/UT, SSP/Traffic, ADC/UT, CA/UT, CE/UT, CE/MC, Director Transport UT, Secretary STA, Town Planner UT and Sh. Navdeep Asija, Road Safety & Sustainable Transport Engineer and Experts of Chandigarh Road Safety Society (CRSS) among others.
The action taken on the agenda points of the last meeting held was presented to the Council and fresh agenda items for the meeting were discussed.
The focus remained on rectifying the black spots/accident prone areas through intervention such as construction of table-tops, installation of cautionary traffic signages etc. as well as improving the overall visibility on roads for the safety of road users and to prevent road fatalities.
Some of the key decisions taken were the approval of Holistic Plan for revitalization of Sector 17, Installation of traffic signage’s of “School Ahead, Pedestrian Zebra Crossing, Silence Zone, Speed signs and No Parking alongwith road marking near Schools /Hospitals in the city, plying of auto rickshaws on slow-carriageways, Notification regarding declaring road stretches namely Madhya Marg from Dhillon Barrier to PGI Chandigarh upto Sarangpur Barrier, on Dakshin Marg from Zirakpur barrier upto Milk Colony Dhanas Light Point, on Udhyog Path from ITI Light Point upto Sector 14/15/24/25 roundabout,
Modification in existing notification of Chandigarh Administration regarding wearing of headgear by female rider and pillion rider in Chandigarh, Improvement of existing Mid-Block pedestrian crossing for the safety of the pedestrians across the city, Provision of Lane with Arrow Marking around roundabouts and Arrow Markings on main carriageways before the Stop Lines/Pedestrian Crossings, implementation of Parking Policy and Parking Solution on pilot basis in Sector 35, 22 & 15, distribution of “Differently abled person parking sticker” and to earmark their parking spots, affixing of reflective tapes on all roundabouts/rotaries in the city for better visibility.
The concerned departments have been asked to implement the decisions taken within stipulated time period.
- भू-तापीय तकनीक से टापरी में स्थापित होगा 8 करोड़ रुपये का सीए प्लांट: मुख्यमंत्री
- देश के वीर सैनिकों ने हमेशा बढ़ाया भारत वर्ष का मान-सम्मान:बंडारू
- CM SHOWCASES SECTOR WISE ACHIEVEMENTS OF STATE GOVERNMENT IN VARIOUS FIELDS
- प्रदेश सरकार जनसमस्याओं का समयबद्ध समाधान करने के लिए प्रतिबद्ध: मुख्यमंत्री
- Bansal demands Government College, School and Hospital at Manimajra
- SERVICE PENDENCY AT PUNJAB SEWA KENDRAS LOWEST IN LAST 5 YEARS: AMAN ARORA
- TAKE SOLEMN PLEDGE TO WIPE OUT SOCIAL MALADIES FROM STATE: CM URGES PEOPLE ON DUSSEHRA
- CCPCR organizes awareness session on POCSO Act
- Mayor flags off a contingent of enforcement vehicles
- Transport Minister flags off two direct buses from Khemkaran to Chandigarh and Tarn Taran to Sri Muktsar Sahib
- MCC to treat wastewater generated from Gaushalas in city
- मुख्यमंत्री ने मंडी जिला के 3800 आपदा प्रभावितों को वितरित किए 31 करोड़ रुपये
astrology Chandigarh News Choices Covid editor's pick Haryana News Headline Health News Highlight Himachal News India News Jammu&Kashmir latest jobs Mizoram North India News Panchkula News Panjab University Popular Punjab news Top Trendy What's New