Chandigarh, July 27
Meeting of the State Level Road Safety Council was held on 27.7.2022 under the Chairmanship of the Advisor to the Administrator, U.T. Chandigarh to discuss various road safety related issues. The meeting was attended by the Home Secretary-cum-Secretary Transport UT, Finance Secretary-cum-Secretary Engineering, DC/UT, SSP/Traffic, ADC/UT, CA/UT, CE/UT, CE/MC, Director Transport UT, Secretary STA, Town Planner UT and Sh. Navdeep Asija, Road Safety & Sustainable Transport Engineer and Experts of Chandigarh Road Safety Society (CRSS) among others.
The action taken on the agenda points of the last meeting held was presented to the Council and fresh agenda items for the meeting were discussed.
The focus remained on rectifying the black spots/accident prone areas through intervention such as construction of table-tops, installation of cautionary traffic signages etc. as well as improving the overall visibility on roads for the safety of road users and to prevent road fatalities.
Some of the key decisions taken were the approval of Holistic Plan for revitalization of Sector 17, Installation of traffic signage’s of “School Ahead, Pedestrian Zebra Crossing, Silence Zone, Speed signs and No Parking alongwith road marking near Schools /Hospitals in the city, plying of auto rickshaws on slow-carriageways, Notification regarding declaring road stretches namely Madhya Marg from Dhillon Barrier to PGI Chandigarh upto Sarangpur Barrier, on Dakshin Marg from Zirakpur barrier upto Milk Colony Dhanas Light Point, on Udhyog Path from ITI Light Point upto Sector 14/15/24/25 roundabout,
Modification in existing notification of Chandigarh Administration regarding wearing of headgear by female rider and pillion rider in Chandigarh, Improvement of existing Mid-Block pedestrian crossing for the safety of the pedestrians across the city, Provision of Lane with Arrow Marking around roundabouts and Arrow Markings on main carriageways before the Stop Lines/Pedestrian Crossings, implementation of Parking Policy and Parking Solution on pilot basis in Sector 35, 22 & 15, distribution of “Differently abled person parking sticker” and to earmark their parking spots, affixing of reflective tapes on all roundabouts/rotaries in the city for better visibility.
The concerned departments have been asked to implement the decisions taken within stipulated time period.
- Punjabi language in the B.A. Courses in the Panjab University(PU)
- Sports Minister Meet Hayer congratulates Indian team for winning Junior Hockey Asia Cup
- Meet Hayer visits Bhakra-Nangal project, inspects Dam and Reservoir
- All Zodiac Signs horoscope for 13 May, 2023 – Daily horoscope today May 13, 2023
- Dr Mohinder Kaushal represents region at World Spine Week, 2023, Australia
- Bhavan Chandigarh does it again: Exceptional Class XII results
- PUNJAB BECOMES FIRST STATE IN THE COUNTRY TO INTRODUCE UNIQUE COLOR CODING FOR STAMP PAPERS
- All Zodiac Signs horoscope for 9 May, 2023 – Daily horoscope today May 9, 2023 – Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces
- ACCIDENT OF INDIAN AIR FORCE MIG-21 AIRCRAFT
- Piyush Goyal to visit Canada for the 6th India- Canada Ministerial Dialogue on Trade and Investment
- All Zodiac Signs horoscope for 8 May, 2023 – Daily horoscope today May 8, 2023 – Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces
- “Samvedna Camp” an ‘Integrated Grievances Redressal mechanism’ organized at all police stations/units and Traffic Lines Sector-29, Chandigarh
astrology Chandigarh News editor's pick Haryana News Health News Himachal News India News Jammu&Kashmir latest jobs Mizoram North India News Panchkula News Panjab University Punjab news