NIO Desk, July 26
6 foods you CAN take to boost brain development causing Choline
This nutrient called Choline is essential for the development of the brain, neurotransmitter synthesis, metabolism, and other bodily functions.
The small amounts of this nutrient that your body naturally produces are insufficient to meet your needs, so you must consume some in your diet.
Adult males and females require 550 mg and 425 mg of choline daily, respectively. But a significant percent of population either does not know about it or do not meet the daily requirements.
As per studies, Choline contributes to improving mental health by slowing down cognitive decline, enhancing memory, and reducing inflammation by lowering high homocysteine levels and fat metabolism.
- Almonds – Popular tree nuts like almonds are known for their numerous health advantages. As an illustration, studies have shown that consuming them may increase levels of heart-protective HDL cholesterol and encourage good health.
- Kidney beans – In addition to being a wholesome legume, kidney beans are an excellent source of choline. Cooked kidney beans have 54 mg of the nutrient per cup.
- Bottle gourd – Among all the vegetables, bottle gourd is regarded as a rich source of choline, which is essential for maintaining and improving memory.
- Quinoa – Speaking of whole grains, quinoa is undoubtedly one of the superfoods and a superb source of complete plant-based protein, containing 43 mg of choline per one cup of cooked quinoa.
- Cheese- Choline is present in a wide variety of dairy products. This includes the nutrient- and protein-rich food cottage cheese. A great source of calcium, riboflavin, and B12 is cottage cheese. You can Enjoy a serving of cottage cheese with chopped almonds or nuts for a choline-rich breakfast or snack.
- Sunflower seeds- Choline, which is present in sunflower seeds, is essential for the development of healthy cellular structures, the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, and brain and memory functions. These tiny seeds contain 275 mg of choline per teaspoon.
These are some foods you must make sure to take in your diet to gain choline requirements, if you do not have any allergies from them.
- Dr Mansukh Mandaviya addresses Global Vaccine Research Collaborative Discussion on Vaccine Research and Development, a G20 co-branded event
- PM chairs high level meeting to take stock of the situation in the wake of the train mishap in Odisha
- Haryana Deputy Chief Minister presented a gift of Rs 12.20 crores to Narnaul region
- ATP arrested for bribery, demanded Rs 40 lakh in exchange for preventing the demolition of unauthorized colony
- PEDAL TO KEEP DISEASES AWAY, HEALTH MINISTER GIVES MANTRA ON WORLD BICYCLE DAY
- Punjab to forge strategic partnership with Israel for better water management: Jimpa
- Panjab University, Chandigarh conducted the entrance test PUTHAT -2023 for admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management courses
- Employees to hold demonstration in support of their demands
- Punjabi language in the B.A. Courses in the Panjab University(PU)
- Sports Minister Meet Hayer congratulates Indian team for winning Junior Hockey Asia Cup
- Meet Hayer visits Bhakra-Nangal project, inspects Dam and Reservoir
- All Zodiac Signs horoscope for 13 May, 2023 – Daily horoscope today May 13, 2023
astrology Chandigarh News editor's pick Haryana News Health News Himachal News India News Jammu&Kashmir latest jobs Mizoram North India News Panchkula News Panjab University Punjab news