Encourages the Municipal Corporation to work towards achieving a spot in the top 5 in Sarvekshan of 2023.
Chandigarh, October 2:-
Sh. Banwarilal Purohit, Governor Punjab and Administrator, UT, Chandigarh congratulated the Mayor, Commissioner, councilors, team of officers and citizens of city beautiful for securing 12th position in the Swachh Survekshan survey conducted by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, in which 4354 cities of India participated.
After returning from New Delhi with the award, the team of Municipal Corporation of Smt. Sarbjit Kaur, Mayor, Ms. Anindita Mitra, IAS, Commissioner, Sh. Dalip Sharma, Senior Deputy Mayor and Sh. Anup Gupta, Deputy Mayor called on the Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT, Chandigarh, to seek his blessings, this evening.
The Governor said that achieving 12th place in the best performing cities in cleanliness and also being adjudged the fastest moving state/capital city was not only a huge achievement for Chandigarh but also a matter of immense pride .
He praised Chandigarh for improving its waste collection and disposal mechanism, and hailed citizens, elected representatives and officials for the stellar performance. He said that the Safai Mitras are the true recipients of this award. They toil day in and day out to keep the city clean. He said Chandigarh has emerged as the fastest moving capital and will gain its glory by securing top rankings in the ensuing survekshan survey with the active support and efforts of its citizens.
The Survekshan has evolved from being an assessment of 73 cities in 2016 to covering 4,354 cities this year, including 91 Ganga towns and 62 cantonment zones). The assessment was conducted in three phases in July-August, September-October and November 2021 to January 2022.
- Dr Mansukh Mandaviya addresses Global Vaccine Research Collaborative Discussion on Vaccine Research and Development, a G20 co-branded event
- PM chairs high level meeting to take stock of the situation in the wake of the train mishap in Odisha
- Haryana Deputy Chief Minister presented a gift of Rs 12.20 crores to Narnaul region
- ATP arrested for bribery, demanded Rs 40 lakh in exchange for preventing the demolition of unauthorized colony
- PEDAL TO KEEP DISEASES AWAY, HEALTH MINISTER GIVES MANTRA ON WORLD BICYCLE DAY