Chandigarh, October 2:-
To commemorate Gandhi Jayanti, Municipal Corporation Chandigarh dedicated an MRF completely to women.
Smt. Sarbjit Kaur Dhillon, Mayor, Chandigarh handed over operations of the MRF of Sector 25 to the ‘women team’ and named the centre as “Pink MRF”. It is the first of its kind in the country where only women workers will operate. It is also the first unit of MCC to have only female workers. The pink workforce includes 20 helpers, DEOs and Security Guards. The helpers were drawn from those who were earlier working as rag pickers . They will now perform the duty of segregating dry waste on conveyer belt.
Ms. Anindita Mitra, IAS, Commissioner, Sh. Anup Gupta, Deputy Mayor, Smt. Poonam and Sh. Kuldeep Kumar, councillors and other concerned officers were also present on the occasion.
While speaking on the occasion the Mayor said that the local ragpickers have been identified and training has been imparted to them for operating conveyer belt, washer of vehicles etc. She said that the whole centre will be operated by the women team and support staff i.e. data entry operators besides security of the MRF centre in day will also be looked after by the women employees.
She said that three data entry operators will maintain daily data of MRF centre. She said that the project is one of the components of the Solid Waste Management system as per SWM rules 2016 which aims at reducing the time and cost involved in collection and disposal of waste.
- Dr Mansukh Mandaviya addresses Global Vaccine Research Collaborative Discussion on Vaccine Research and Development, a G20 co-branded event
- PM chairs high level meeting to take stock of the situation in the wake of the train mishap in Odisha
- Haryana Deputy Chief Minister presented a gift of Rs 12.20 crores to Narnaul region
- ATP arrested for bribery, demanded Rs 40 lakh in exchange for preventing the demolition of unauthorized colony
- PEDAL TO KEEP DISEASES AWAY, HEALTH MINISTER GIVES MANTRA ON WORLD BICYCLE DAY