NIO Desk, Aug 2
The first meal of the day is crucial meal of the day. Your body can get its nourishment and energy it needs from a healthy breakfast that keeps it energised to get through the day. Including nutritious foods rich in vitamins, minerals, and things that are healthy that you require to meet daily nutrients needs for the day in your breakfast. However, it happens frequently that you don’t eat the right foods in the morning, which can cause a number of diseases. Since breakfast is the most crucial meal of the day, it is crucial that you pick the right foods for it.
Inflammations in the body can also lead to diseases. It’s crucial to reduce inflammation in the body because chronic inflammation can cause a number of problems in the body. Inflammations in the body can also be lowered by eating the right diet that is necessary for the body. Here are some breakfast ideas that are anti-inflammatory and can slow down ageing process in the body.
#1 Avocado Hummus or Avocado Toast
Including avocados in your breakfast is very healthy. Slices of tomato should be placed on top of a slice of bread with a generous amount of avocado spread. Tomatoes and avocados can aid in lowering body inflammation, which will slow the ageing process.
As per dieticians, spreading this avocado hummus on a slice of whole-grain toast provides all the anti-aging, health, and creamy satisfaction of avocado toast with the added protein from the chickpeas for added satisfaction and all the energy you need to stay in power for the body. “Chickpeas offer plant-based protein, meaning they contain both fibre and protein to maintain steady energy levels, regulate blood sugar levels, and help you feel full.
“Beating the bulge is a crucial first step in preventing the negative effects of ageing because weight gain is associated with inflammation,” the dieticians go on to say. According to research, chickpeas promote weight loss even when calorie intake is not restricted.
#2 Fruit vegetable or milk smoothie
Smoothie: Smoothies contain fruits, vegetables, milk, and proteins in addition to other essential nutrients that the body needs in the morning. On the other hand, adding fruits with a lot of antioxidants to the smoothie will also help. Antioxidants like these aid in reducing inflammation.
Plant based mint smoothie can also be added. “Antioxidants found in spinach, such as lutein and beta carotene, fight against inflammation and have been shown to help prevent age-related macular degeneration. “Mint may improve brain health and may be able to help with Alzheimer’s disease symptoms.
#3 Eggs in the breakfast
Eggs scrambled with your favourite vegetables: Including vegetables in your scrambled eggs can help to lessen body inflammation. The body can receive the necessary amount of nutrients from these vegetables and eggs.
Meanwhile foods that you can add in your diet to keep your brain healthy
Vegetables are well known for giving the body essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. While some vegetables are good for the eyes because of their high vitamin A content, others may be good for the body and immune system because of their high vitamin C content. It is crucial that we include all varieties of fruits and vegetables in our diet because they each serve a different purpose for the body.
The brain requires the same amount of necessary vitamins and minerals and healthy fats as other body organs. We must consume foods that give the brain all the vitamins and minerals it needs in order for it to function properly. Here are some foods that will support brain health.
#1 Beetroot to keep brain young and healthy
This vegetable contains high levels of nitrates and folic acids, which support brain health. While folic acid, a Vitamin B9, helps to lower the risks of disorders like dementia or Alzheimer’s disease among others, the nitrates in the vegetable help to increase blood flow in the brain.
#2 Berries for the brain
Berries. According to research, flavonoids, the natural plant pigments that give berries their distinct colours, also aid in memory improvement. According to a study from Brigham and Women’s Hospital at Harvard, women who eat two or more servings of strawberries can postpone memory loss by up to 2.5 years.
Carrot: Beta-carotene, which is present in carrots and other orange vegetables like sweet potatoes, red peppers, and other vegetables, eventually aids in maintaining the health of the brain. Antioxidant beta-carotene prevents the body from being harmed by free radicals and also enhances cognitive function.
#4 Walnuts for healthy brain
Walnuts. Nuts are a great source of protein and good fats, and one variety in particular may help with memory. Increased walnut consumption is related to high cognitive abilities. Alpha-linolenic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid, is abundant in walnuts. Omega-3 fatty acid-rich diets have been associated with lowered blood pressure and cleaner arteries. That benefits the heart and the brain.
#5 green vegetables
Leafy green vegetables for a healthy brain: These foods are full of beta-carotene, vitamin K, and antioxidants, all of which are vital for the health of the brain. Antioxidants aid in preventing the body’s damage from free radicals, which again supports maintaining brain health.
In the list of cruciferous vegetables that can positively impact your brain health is broccoli. Cruciferous vegetables are high in vitamin K, which has been associated with a better memory, according to Northwestern Medicine. These vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, and others, are also a significant source of folate, which is crucial for brain ageing and cognitive function.
#7 Orange vegetables
Sweet potatoes and other orange vegetables like carrots, red capsicum, and butternut squash are excellent sources of beta-carotene. Because of its antioxidant properties, beta-carotene has been associated with better cognitive health.
This dark yellow spice, which is a main component of many Indian dishes, has many advantages for the brain.
The active component of turmeric, curcumin, has been demonstrated to cross the blood-brain barrier, allowing it to enter the brain and benefit its cells directly.
It is a strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant substance that has been connected to the many advantages for the brain.
People who take turmeric may experience memory improvements. It might also assist in removing the amyloid plaques, which are a defining feature of Alzheimer’s.
# 9 Dark chocolate
Cacao, also known as cocoa, is a component of dark chocolate. Flavonoids, a class of antioxidant, are found in cacao.
Since the brain is extremely vulnerable to oxidative stress, which contributes to age-related cognitive decline and brain diseases, antioxidants are particularly crucial for maintaining brain health.
As per studies, the brain appears to benefit from cacao flavonoids.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
astrology Chandigarh News Choices Covid editor's pick Haryana News Headline Health News Highlight Himachal News India News Jammu&Kashmir latest jobs Mizoram North India News Panchkula News Panjab University Popular Punjab news Top Trendy What's New
- Pawan Bansal raises concerns over distressed market in sector-38 challenges BJP Govt. to address shopkeepers’ Woes Chandigarh (27 Feb, 2024): Senior Congress leader and former Member of Parliament, Pawan Bansal, was left astonished after witnessing the deteriorating condition of Sector 38’s two-story market during his visit on Tuesday. He interacted with shopkeepers who informed him about the distressing situation, revealing that notices ranging from 24 to 32 lakhs were being issued by the administration for booths valued at approximately 6 lakhs. Shopkeepers explained that under the rehabilitation scheme, the Chandigarh administration had allocated booths in the two-story market of Laxmi Market, Sector 38, to those operating in the rehri market. However, this market is situated in such a location that even sunlight does not penetrate. With daily earnings not exceeding 200 rupees, and on top of that, the administration imposing an area penalty, GST, and notices ranging from 24 to 32 lakhs on booths valued at around 6 lakhs, the shopkeepers are facing an uphill battle. They are left with the choice of either arranging for their livelihood or paying penalties. Pawan Bansal assured these shopkeepers, stating that if the residents of Chandigarh choose him again, he will prioritize finding solutions to the issues facing this market. Bansal emphasized …
- राज्यपाल ने किया मातृवन्दना पत्रिका के विशेषांक का विमोचनराज्यपाल शिव प्रताप शुक्ल ने आज शिमला के ऐतिहासिक गेयटी थियेटर में मातृवन्दना मासिक पत्रिका विशेषांक एवं दिनदर्शिका का विमोचन किया। उन्होंने कहा कि इस तरह की पत्रिका का अलग महत्व होता है और इनके माध्यम से हम अपने गौरवशाली इतिहास, अतीत एवं संस्कृति के बारे में ज्ञान अर्जित करते हैं।उन्होंने कहा कि मातृवन्दना पत्रिका पाठकों के लिए सम-सामयिक विषयों पर महत्वपूर्ण आलेख प्रकाशित कर रही है। उन्होंने प्रसन्नता व्यक्त की कि पत्रिका का यह विशेषांक श्री राम जन्मभूमि और भगवान श्री राम को समर्पित किया गया है। उन्होंने कहा कि श्री राम मंदिर के निर्माण से भारतीय संस्कृति के लिए एक नए युग की शुरुआत है।राज्यपाल ने इस अवसर पर राम मंदिर के कार सेवकों को सम्मानित किया।इस अवसर पर अनेक गणमान्य व्यक्ति भी उपस्थित थे।.0.
- MISSION ROZGAR: CM ILLUMINATES LIFE OF MORE 40,000 FAMILIES BY GIVING THEM GOVERNMENT JOBS IN NEARLY LAST TWO YEARSMISSION ROZGAR: CM ILLUMINATES LIFE OF MORE 40,000 FAMILIES BY GIVING THEM GOVERNMENT JOBS IN NEARLY LAST TWO YEARS Chandigarh, February 26- Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Singh Mann on Monday continued Mission Rozgar by handing over appointment letters to 457 newly recruited youth in various departments thereby illuminating the lives of more than 40,000 families since formation of government. The Chief Minister, while addressing the gathering after handing over the appointment letters, said that the state government is making concerted efforts for making the youth an integral part in socio-economic progress of the state. He said that this a fertile land where anything can germinate as people are blessed with an indomitable spirit of hard work, dedication and resilience. Bhagwant Singh Mann said that this land has immense potential due to which the state government is making strenuous efforts to make Punjab a frontrunner state in the country. The Chief Minister said that today 20 Junior draftsman in Water Supply and Sanitation department, 32 employees including Dairy Development officers, clerks, incubator operators and Machine Operators in Animal Husbandry department, six steno-typists in Youth services department, 129 employees including clerk legal, accounts and IT IN Excise and Taxation department, eight steno-typists in Food, Civil Supplies and …
- देश भगत विश्वविद्यालय के विद्यार्थियों ने शेफ प्रतियोगिता में पहला पुरस्कार जीतादेश भगत विश्वविद्यालय के विद्यार्थियों ने शेफ प्रतियोगिता में पहला पुरस्कार जीता चण्डीगढ़ : देश भगत विश्वविद्यालय के स्कूल ऑफ होटल मैनेजमेंट और पर्यटन के छात्रों ने एवरेस्ट कुलिनरी चैलेंज सीज़न-5 में पंजाब क्षेत्र के लिए चण्डीगढ़ ग्रुप आफ कॉलेजेज में आयोजित बेकरी शेफ प्रतियोगिता में पहला पुरस्कार जीता। कड़ी प्रतियोगिता में प्रतिस्पर्धा करते हुए देश भगत विश्वविद्यालय की चार टीमों ने अपनी पाक-कला का प्रदर्शन किया। टीमों में काजल और कसक, लक्ष्मी कुमारी और अदिति, जसप्रीत और अर्सप्रीत, और खसुदीप और मानसी गर्ग शामिल थीं। काजल और कसक साथ ही लक्ष्मी कुमारी और अदिति ने रसोई खाने के सेगमेंट में भाग लिया, जबकि जसप्रीत और अर्सप्रीत के साथ ही खसुदीप और मानसी गर्ग ने बेकरी के इवेंट में अपनी कलाओं का प्रतिनिधित्व किया। खसुदीप कौर और मानसी गर्ग की जोड़ी ने अपने उत्कृष्ट प्रदर्शन से पहला स्थान हासिल किया। उन्होंने अपनी माहिरी का प्रदर्शन करते हुए जजों और सह-प्रतियोगियों को एक बेहतरीन केक तैयार करके दिखाया। अब इस सीज़न 5 का बड़ा अंतिम दौरा मार्च में मुंबई में होने जा रहा है, जिसमें सभी क्षेत्रों के विजेता टाइटल खिताब के लिए प्रतिस्पर्धा करेंगे। विजेताओं को चांसलर डॉ. जोरा सिंह और चांसलर के सलाहकार डॉ. विरिंदर सिंह द्वारा एक सम्मान …
- परमपिता शिव अजन्मा, अभोक्ता हैं व उनका स्वरूप ज्योतिर्बिन्दु है : बी के मुकेश दीदी-बी के शीना दीदीपरमपिता शिव अजन्मा, अभोक्ता हैं व उनका स्वरूप ज्योतिर्बिन्दु है : बी के मुकेश दीदी-बी के शीना दीदी चण्डीगढ़ : प्रजा पिता ईश्वरीय विश्व विद्यालय ब्रह्माकुमारीज, मनीमाजरा में शिव जयंती का पर्व अर्थ सहित बहुत धूमधाम से मनाया गया जिसमे सेक्टर 21 इंचार्ज राजयोगिनी बी के मुकेश दीदी जी और मनीमाजरा सेण्टर इंचार्ज बी के शीना दीदी दोनों की उपस्थिति में परमात्मा शिव के अवतरण का सन्देश सबको सुनाया गया एवं इस शुभ अवसर पर केक कटिंग और झंडा चढ़ाया गया तथा सेण्टर की रेगुलर स्टूडेंट्स द्वारा गीतों की प्रस्तुति भी दी गयी। कार्यक्रम में एक्स मेयर सरबजीत कौर, एक्स डेप्युटी मेयर जगतार सिंह जग्गा, आरडब्ल्यूए प्रेसिडेंट गुरसेवक सिंह, इमाम एमएचसी मनीमाजरा मस्जिद मौलाना अरशद, प्रेसिडेंट मार्केट कमेटी मनीमाजरा मलकीत सिंह, असिस्टेंट कमांडेंट सीआरपीएफ मनीमाजरा, एएसआई सुरजीत कौर, वाइफ ऑफ पंचकुला डीसी सोनिया सरवन, एक्स मेयर पंचकुला उपेंद्र अहलूवालिया, साधना वोकेशनल ट्रेनिंग इंस्टीट्यूट हेड कोऑर्डिनेटर विजया, डायरेक्टर एमआरडी स्कूल माता राम धीमान, वैदिक गर्ल्स स्कूल वाइस प्रिंसिपल रीमा, रिटायर्ड इंजीनियर एलके कौल, गवर्नमेंट मॉडल एमएचसी स्कूल इंचार्ज भूपिंदर कौर आदि मुख्य अतिथिगण के रूप में शामिल हुए।इस अवसर पर बी के मुकेश दीदी जी और मनीमाजरा सेण्टर इंचार्ज बी के शीना दीदी ने बताया कि विश्व की सभी महान विभूतियों …
- Pawan Bansal Expresses Concerns Over Deteriorating Healthcare Services in Chandigarh Under BJP RuleChandigarh (Feb 26, 2024): Former Member of Parliament and senior Congress leader, Pawan Bansal, has expressed concern over the deteriorating state of healthcare services in Chandigarh. From the largest hospital, PGIMER, to the smallest Health and Wellness Centers, the conditions are alarming, with a shortage of doctors and numerous problems faced by patients. Pawan Kumar Bansal remarked that under the BJP’s rule, the healthcare infrastructure is crumbling. He highlighted the recent resignation of both urology department doctors at Sector 32 hospital, emphasizing that no specialized doctor has been recruited so far. The lack of information on the hospital’s website compounds the issues, causing distress to patients seeking medical treatment. The larger hospitals, which are crucial for the entire tricity’s residents, are grappling with a shortage of specialist doctors. This healthcare crisis extends beyond major hospitals to smaller Health and Wellness Centers. The shortages range from doctors and pharmacists to rented buildings and accommodations, impacting the affected patients who cannot afford expensive treatments in private hospitals and do not find adequate facilities in government hospitals. This is a matter of grave concern. Pawan Bansal urged the government to address these deficiencies promptly to ensure the well-being of the residents who depend …