Shimla, July 30
Chief Secretary R.D. Dhiman presided over the meeting of the committee constituted to check exploitation of orchardists at various levels here today. Various important decisions were taken in the meeting for ensuring welfare of horticulturists.
It was decided in the meeting that a subsidy of 6 per cent on Goods and Tax Services (GST) would be made available through Horticulture Department and HPMC to all the orchardists in the state who had purchased apple boxes and trays after 1st April, 2022. He said that to avail this benefit, the orchardists of the state should visit the nearest office of the Horticulture Department in their respective areas. They have to produce a copy of the GST bill, sales case (Sale Proof)/Transportation Goods Receipt/Market Fee copy along with their application on a prescribed format. This subsidy would also be available on cartons and trays sold through HPMC. This expenditure on GST would be borne by the state government.
In view of the current apple season, instructions were issued to the HPMC to make necessary arrangements for allotment of at least one crore packing material.
It was also decided that an amount of Rs. 8.65 crore which the state government has released to the department, should be utilized for clearing pending liabilities of MIS for the year 2021. It was also informed that sufficient funds would be made available by the government for the liabilities of this year.
It was also informed that provision of additional budget would be made immediately after spending the budget of this year for the payment of equipment, anti hail net and other related equipment to the orchardists. The government has re-implemented the old scheme of subsidy on various types of insecticides.
It was informed that as per instructions of the State Government Rs. 12.36 crore has been sanctioned by APMC for the improvement of Chhaila Kainchi to Sainj road so that immediate relief can be provided to the horticulturists. Instructions had been given by the State Government to the Public Works Department to start this work on priority basis. He said that the matter regarding the constitution of the Horticulture Board was under consideration of the government.
- Municipal Corporation seeks advance on Grant in Aid, from Chandigarh Administration
- On Appearance Day of Srila Bhakti Vedant Swami Maharaj
- ʜᴇ ʜᴀs ɴᴏ ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇs
- Rehabilitation colonies to get ownership rights- Chandigarh News
- Youth Samvad- India @ 2047 – Chandigarh
- Admission to MD/MS Courses (Session-2023) in GMCH-32 Chandigarh
- Chandigarh-based MSE top sellers on Government e-Marketplace
- Yoga day celebrated in Swami Devi Dyal College
- PSPCL meets its all-time highest demand of 14960 MW on June 21: Harbhajan Singh ETO
- MCC Constitutes flood control team during raining season
- UT Employees protest in support of demands
- Dr Mansukh Mandaviya addresses Global Vaccine Research Collaborative Discussion on Vaccine Research and Development, a G20 co-branded event