Delhi, July 30
The Minister of Civil Aviation Shri Jyotiraditya M. Scindia and Minister of State for Civil Aviation (Gen)Dr V.K Singh (Retd) today virtually inaugurated the direct flight between Delhi and Deoghar by Indigo.
The event was graced by Shri Hafizul Hasan, Minister for Tourism, Government of Jharkhand, Shri Nishikant Dubey, Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) Godda, Jharkhand, Shri Narayan Das, Member of Legislative Assembly, Deoghar, Shri Sunil Soren, Member of Legislative Assembly, Dumka, Shri Rajeev Bansal, Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation, and many other dignitaries from MoCA, Government of Jharkhand and Indigo were virtually present.
The airline will be deploying its A320 Neo
The airline will be deploying its A320 Neo, a 180-seater twin turbofan engine passenger aircraft and is primarily used on Domestic routes. With this new flight launch, total number of departures from Deoghar will be 11 daily departure flights.
Speaking on the occasion, Shri Jyotiraditya M. Scindia said, “Baba Baidya Nath Dham in Deoghar is an international religious heritage, and it gives me immense pleasure to state that my ministry has helped millions of pilgrims to visit Deoghar. Along with country’s hard economic power, we need to dovetail country’s soft power too. That’s the reason why major aviation infrastructure is created at places such as Ayodhya International Airport, Kushinagar International Airport and now Deoghar Airport. I would also like to congratulate Indigo for connecting smaller cities in the country and the day is not far when Civil Aviation will become the primary source of traveling in India. On 12th July, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced that Deoghar will connected with Delhi and today it is coming true. Flight is being captained by Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy.”
Deoghar Airport spread at 655 acres and constructed at a cost of Rs. 400 crore
The minister further said “We constructed Deoghar Airport which is spread at 655 acres and constructed at a cost of INR 400 crore, making it the second airport in Jharkhand after Ranchi. We are also working on 3 more airports in Jharkhand – Bokaro, Jamshedpur and Dumka taking the total number of airports in Jharkhand to 5. We have announced 14 new routes connecting Jharkhand out of which 2 routes – Deoghar – Kolkata and Delhi – Deoghar have been started and in the coming days, we will connect Deoghar with Ranchi and Patna. Along with this, we will connect Dumka with Ranchi and Kolkata. Bokaro airport once completed will be connected with Patna and Kolkata.”
more than 1 crore people have benefitted from it
The minister further added “425 routes and 68 airports, heliports, water drome have been operationalized under the UDAN scheme and more than 1 crore people, mostly first-time flyers, have benefitted from it. Over 1 lakh 90 thousand flights have flown under this scheme. Ministry of Civil Aviation has constructed 66 airports in the last 8 years which stood at 74 airports in the year 2014. We are planning to construct 220 new airports which includes Water Dromes and Heliports in the next 5 years.”
Minister of State for Civil Aviation (Gen)Dr V.K Singh (Retd) said “Construction of an airport in Deoghar was a long demand which was inaugurated on 12th July this year by our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. Deoghar was connected to Kolkata only but now it will connect with Delhi directly. This will help facilitate seamless movement of pilgrims coming to Baba Baidya Nath Dham which will increase tourism in Jharkhand, and I hope that other airlines will adopt the same route for more flight to Deoghar.”
- Dr Mansukh Mandaviya addresses Global Vaccine Research Collaborative Discussion on Vaccine Research and Development, a G20 co-branded event
- PM chairs high level meeting to take stock of the situation in the wake of the train mishap in Odisha
- Haryana Deputy Chief Minister presented a gift of Rs 12.20 crores to Narnaul region
- ATP arrested for bribery, demanded Rs 40 lakh in exchange for preventing the demolition of unauthorized colony
- PEDAL TO KEEP DISEASES AWAY, HEALTH MINISTER GIVES MANTRA ON WORLD BICYCLE DAY
- Punjab to forge strategic partnership with Israel for better water management: Jimpa
- Panjab University, Chandigarh conducted the entrance test PUTHAT -2023 for admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management courses
- Employees to hold demonstration in support of their demands
- Punjabi language in the B.A. Courses in the Panjab University(PU)
- Sports Minister Meet Hayer congratulates Indian team for winning Junior Hockey Asia Cup
- Meet Hayer visits Bhakra-Nangal project, inspects Dam and Reservoir
- All Zodiac Signs horoscope for 13 May, 2023 – Daily horoscope today May 13, 2023