In support of the demands, the employees held protest
outside the Sector 11 Public Health Office with placards demanding bonus to the UT employees before Diwali,
The protest was held under the banner of Joint Action Committee.
The employees protested with placards and raised slogans. Ashwani Kumar, the convener of the committee, said that if the demands of the employees are not met, then as per the decision of the Employees Joint Action Committee, they will again protest at MC Sub Office Manimajra on 3 November and Rally on 21 November.
He said that there is a lot of anger among the employees for ignoring their demands,
Ashwani Kumar, the convener of the committee, told that a meeting was held with the Adviser of Chandigarh Dharampal and the demands of the UT employees were discussed, but till now the demands of the employees have not been fulfilled,
The demands include bonus on the lines of the Centre before Diwali , making a safe policy to prevent exploitation of outsourced workers and giving salary and DC rate arrears to outsourced works before Diwali, according to the 6th Pay Scale Commission.
The also demanded to settle the pension cases of the employees who have retired after April 2022, because the cases are coming back with objections from the AG office, due to which there is a lot of anguish among the retired employees. Staff members Ashwani Kumar, Surmukh Singh, Rajinder Kumar, Raja Ram, Surinder Kumar, and others were present.
- Punjabi language in the B.A. Courses in the Panjab University(PU)
- Sports Minister Meet Hayer congratulates Indian team for winning Junior Hockey Asia Cup
- Meet Hayer visits Bhakra-Nangal project, inspects Dam and Reservoir
- All Zodiac Signs horoscope for 13 May, 2023 – Daily horoscope today May 13, 2023
- Dr Mohinder Kaushal represents region at World Spine Week, 2023, Australia