17+ year old youngsters can now apply in advance for having their names enrolled in Voter’s list and not necessarily have to await the pre-requisite criterion of attaining age of 18 years on 1st January of a year.
ECI led by Chief Election Commissioner Shri Rajiv Kumar and Election Commissioner Shri Anup Chandra Pandey have directed the CEOs/EROs/AEROs of all States to work out tech-enabled solutions such that the youth are facilitated to file their advance applications with reference to three subsequent qualifying dates i.e. 01st April, 01st July and 01st October and not just 1st January.
Henceforth, the Electoral Roll will be updated every quarter and eligible youngsters can be registered in the next quarter of the year in which he/she has attained the qualifying age of 18 years.
After getting registered, he/she will be issued an Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC). For the current round of annual revision of electoral roll, 2023, any citizen attaining the age of 18 years by April 1, July 1 and October 1 of 2023 can also submit an advance application for registration as a voter from the date of draft publication of electoral roll.
As per existing policy, revision of electoral rolls with reference to 1st January of the coming year as the qualifying date was done normally in the later part of each year in all States/UTs (normally in the last quarter of a year) so that final publication of the electoral rolls is made in the first week of January of the succeeding year.
This meant that a large number of young persons who completed 18 years after 1st January had to wait for Special Summary Revision of the next year for enrolment and were not able to participate in elections held in the intervening period.
The Commission has also made the registration Forms more user friendly and simpler. The newly modified Forms will come into force on 1st August, 2022. All applications (claims and objections), in old forms, received before 1st August, 2022 will be processed and disposed of and in such cases, there is no need to file application in new forms.
For linking of AADHAR number with Electoral Roll data, provision has been made in the modified registration forms to seek Aadhaar details of electors. A new Form-6B has also been introduced for collecting Aadhaar number of existing electors. However, no application for inclusion of name in electoral roll shall be denied and no entries in electoral roll shall be deleted for inability of an individual to furnish or intimate Aadhaar Number.
People above 17 years can now apply for Voter ID card in advance
- Pawan Bansal raises concerns over distressed market in sector-38
- राज्यपाल ने किया मातृवन्दना पत्रिका के विशेषांक का विमोचन
- MISSION ROZGAR: CM ILLUMINATES LIFE OF MORE 40,000 FAMILIES BY GIVING THEM GOVERNMENT JOBS IN NEARLY LAST TWO YEARS
- देश भगत विश्वविद्यालय के विद्यार्थियों ने शेफ प्रतियोगिता में पहला पुरस्कार जीता
- परमपिता शिव अजन्मा, अभोक्ता हैं व उनका स्वरूप ज्योतिर्बिन्दु है : बी के मुकेश दीदी-बी के शीना दीदी
- Pawan Bansal Expresses Concerns Over Deteriorating Healthcare Services in Chandigarh Under BJP Rule
- हरियाणा के राजकीय कॉलेजों में हजारों खाली पड़े सहायक प्रोफेसर्स के पदों पर पक्की भर्ती की मांग को लेकर 06 मार्च को पंचकूला की सड़कों पर निकालेंगे मौन जुलूस: प्रोफेसर सुभाष सपड़ा
- Project Amrit’ of Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation
- देश के बजट के दशमलव 4 प्रतिशत से दी जा सकती है किसानों को MSP, भाजपा ने बनाया अहंकार का मुद्दा’
- शिव रात्रि के यथार्थ अर्थ व परमात्मा शिव की सत्य पहचान के सन्देश से श्रद्धालुओं को अवगत कराया
- सुख के लिए स्वच्छ एवं शांत मन ही सर्वोत्तम साधन : स्वामी संपूर्णानंद सरस्वती
- पूर्व की सरकारों ने शिवालिक तलहटी क्षेत्र की पूरी तरह से उपेक्षा की : कृष्ण बेदी
astrology Chandigarh News Choices Covid editor's pick Haryana News Headline Health News Highlight Himachal News India News Jammu&Kashmir latest jobs Mizoram North India News Panchkula News Panjab University Popular Punjab news Top Trendy What's New