Chandigarh gets three new schools and more electric busses- Shah laid foundation stone of Sector 43 multilevel parking
Chandigarh, July 31
Home Minister, Government of India, Shri Amit Shah inaugurated various developmental projects of Chandigarh in the presence of Governor of Punjab and Administrator Chandigarh, Sh, Banwari Lal Purohit, Smt. Kirron Kher, Member of Parliament, and Sh. Ajay Kumar Bhalla, Home Secretary, Government of India.
In the series of inaugural events, Shri Amit Shah flagged-off the electric buses from Punjab Raj Bhavan. The Chandigarh Administration, with this flag off, will be adding 40 more electric buses to its fleet. Committed to replace all the Diesel Buses in Tri-city with Electric buses by 2027/2028 as a part of Green Mobility Initiative of Government of India, the Administration has been marching forwards towards achieving this goal.
Today, the Union Home Minister also inaugurated the newly constructed building of Government Model High School, Mauli Jagran and virtually inaugurated the school buildings of Government Model High School, Sector 12 and Government Model High School, Kishangarh. These buildings will accommodate 5100 students in total and are highly equipped with labs, classrooms, playgrounds etc.
The Home Minister, in his address, motivated the students and talked about the significance of hard work in not only student life but also at every stage in human life. He further added that success comes with hard work and the purpose of one’s life should not be confined to one’s personal growth but should also include the welfare of the society at large.
Shri Amit Shah also focussed on the significant aspects of the National Education Policy-2020 that has been drafted with an objective to provide holistic and multi-disciplinary education of future generation. He stressed on preparing our students for a more meaningful life-style and impart them the sense of responsibility to build cooperative communities.
Shri Amit Shah also encouraged the students to participate in ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ and also promoted the feeling of Nationalism among the children.
The Administrator, Sh Banwari Lal Purohit, emphasised on the relevance and need of New Education Policy and its crucial role in promoting a national consciousness among the students. “The focus of the education should be on character building in addition to skill development”, he further added.
To address the challenges of malnutrition and anemia in pregnant women, lactating mothers, new-borns and to promote nutrition awareness and good eating habits for sustainable health & wellness, the Shri Amit Shah also launched the ‘POSHAK LADDU’ scheme and distributed some ladoos to the beneficiaries.
The ‘POSHAK LADDU’ is incorporated by the Chandigarh Administration as an additional component under the Supplementary Nutrition Programme for approximately 9400 Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers registered across 450 Anganwadi Centre in Chandigarh. The Anganwadi workers will administer the Laddu to the beneficiary themselves to ensure that the Laddu is consumed by the beneficiary herself. All quality control measures as applicable under Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 and related Rules and Regulations 2011 have already been put in place.
The Union Home Minister also laid down virtually the foundation stone of the Sector 43 multilevel parking that will house more than 1300 vehicles. The proposed parking will not only accommodate vehicles of visitors to the District Court Complex but also for surrounding spill over parking. The vehicles coming to ISBT-43 and the Chandigarh Judicial Academy will also be accommodated in the parking facility.
Shri Amit Shah congratulated the Chandigarh Administration for these new projects and assured constant assistance from the Central Government to the Administration for such projects in public welfare.
- Dr Mansukh Mandaviya addresses Global Vaccine Research Collaborative Discussion on Vaccine Research and Development, a G20 co-branded event
- PM chairs high level meeting to take stock of the situation in the wake of the train mishap in Odisha
- Haryana Deputy Chief Minister presented a gift of Rs 12.20 crores to Narnaul region
- ATP arrested for bribery, demanded Rs 40 lakh in exchange for preventing the demolition of unauthorized colony
- PEDAL TO KEEP DISEASES AWAY, HEALTH MINISTER GIVES MANTRA ON WORLD BICYCLE DAY
- Punjab to forge strategic partnership with Israel for better water management: Jimpa
- Panjab University, Chandigarh conducted the entrance test PUTHAT -2023 for admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management courses
- Employees to hold demonstration in support of their demands
- Punjabi language in the B.A. Courses in the Panjab University(PU)
- Sports Minister Meet Hayer congratulates Indian team for winning Junior Hockey Asia Cup
- Meet Hayer visits Bhakra-Nangal project, inspects Dam and Reservoir
- All Zodiac Signs horoscope for 13 May, 2023 – Daily horoscope today May 13, 2023