Chandigarh gets three new schools and more electric busses- Shah laid foundation stone of Sector 43 multilevel parking
Chandigarh, July 31
Home Minister, Government of India, Shri Amit Shah inaugurated various developmental projects of Chandigarh in the presence of Governor of Punjab and Administrator Chandigarh, Sh, Banwari Lal Purohit, Smt. Kirron Kher, Member of Parliament, and Sh. Ajay Kumar Bhalla, Home Secretary, Government of India.
In the series of inaugural events, Shri Amit Shah flagged-off the electric buses from Punjab Raj Bhavan. The Chandigarh Administration, with this flag off, will be adding 40 more electric buses to its fleet. Committed to replace all the Diesel Buses in Tri-city with Electric buses by 2027/2028 as a part of Green Mobility Initiative of Government of India, the Administration has been marching forwards towards achieving this goal.
Today, the Union Home Minister also inaugurated the newly constructed building of Government Model High School, Mauli Jagran and virtually inaugurated the school buildings of Government Model High School, Sector 12 and Government Model High School, Kishangarh. These buildings will accommodate 5100 students in total and are highly equipped with labs, classrooms, playgrounds etc.
The Home Minister, in his address, motivated the students and talked about the significance of hard work in not only student life but also at every stage in human life. He further added that success comes with hard work and the purpose of one’s life should not be confined to one’s personal growth but should also include the welfare of the society at large.
Shri Amit Shah also focussed on the significant aspects of the National Education Policy-2020 that has been drafted with an objective to provide holistic and multi-disciplinary education of future generation. He stressed on preparing our students for a more meaningful life-style and impart them the sense of responsibility to build cooperative communities.
Shri Amit Shah also encouraged the students to participate in ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ and also promoted the feeling of Nationalism among the children.
The Administrator, Sh Banwari Lal Purohit, emphasised on the relevance and need of New Education Policy and its crucial role in promoting a national consciousness among the students. “The focus of the education should be on character building in addition to skill development”, he further added.
To address the challenges of malnutrition and anemia in pregnant women, lactating mothers, new-borns and to promote nutrition awareness and good eating habits for sustainable health & wellness, the Shri Amit Shah also launched the ‘POSHAK LADDU’ scheme and distributed some ladoos to the beneficiaries.
The ‘POSHAK LADDU’ is incorporated by the Chandigarh Administration as an additional component under the Supplementary Nutrition Programme for approximately 9400 Pregnant Women and Lactating Mothers registered across 450 Anganwadi Centre in Chandigarh. The Anganwadi workers will administer the Laddu to the beneficiary themselves to ensure that the Laddu is consumed by the beneficiary herself. All quality control measures as applicable under Food Safety and Standards Act 2006 and related Rules and Regulations 2011 have already been put in place.
The Union Home Minister also laid down virtually the foundation stone of the Sector 43 multilevel parking that will house more than 1300 vehicles. The proposed parking will not only accommodate vehicles of visitors to the District Court Complex but also for surrounding spill over parking. The vehicles coming to ISBT-43 and the Chandigarh Judicial Academy will also be accommodated in the parking facility.
Shri Amit Shah congratulated the Chandigarh Administration for these new projects and assured constant assistance from the Central Government to the Administration for such projects in public welfare.
- Pawan Bansal raises concerns over distressed market in sector-38
- राज्यपाल ने किया मातृवन्दना पत्रिका के विशेषांक का विमोचन
- MISSION ROZGAR: CM ILLUMINATES LIFE OF MORE 40,000 FAMILIES BY GIVING THEM GOVERNMENT JOBS IN NEARLY LAST TWO YEARS
- देश भगत विश्वविद्यालय के विद्यार्थियों ने शेफ प्रतियोगिता में पहला पुरस्कार जीता
- परमपिता शिव अजन्मा, अभोक्ता हैं व उनका स्वरूप ज्योतिर्बिन्दु है : बी के मुकेश दीदी-बी के शीना दीदी
- Pawan Bansal Expresses Concerns Over Deteriorating Healthcare Services in Chandigarh Under BJP Rule
- हरियाणा के राजकीय कॉलेजों में हजारों खाली पड़े सहायक प्रोफेसर्स के पदों पर पक्की भर्ती की मांग को लेकर 06 मार्च को पंचकूला की सड़कों पर निकालेंगे मौन जुलूस: प्रोफेसर सुभाष सपड़ा
- Project Amrit’ of Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation
- देश के बजट के दशमलव 4 प्रतिशत से दी जा सकती है किसानों को MSP, भाजपा ने बनाया अहंकार का मुद्दा’
- शिव रात्रि के यथार्थ अर्थ व परमात्मा शिव की सत्य पहचान के सन्देश से श्रद्धालुओं को अवगत कराया
- सुख के लिए स्वच्छ एवं शांत मन ही सर्वोत्तम साधन : स्वामी संपूर्णानंद सरस्वती
- पूर्व की सरकारों ने शिवालिक तलहटी क्षेत्र की पूरी तरह से उपेक्षा की : कृष्ण बेदी