Chandigarh, July 27
‘Amaltas’(Cassia fistula) tree, was planted on July 27th, 2018 near Palm Garden, sector 14, Panjab University, Chandigarh, by Prof. M. C. Sidhu. This plant has now grown to the height of more than 20 feet.
This tree bears beautiful foliage (yellow flowers) during early summer and late spring. Today July 27th, 2022, it’s the 4th birthday of this ornamental tree. The purpose of celebrating its birthday every year is to remain in touch with this tree. It reminds me to take care of its growth, health and nutrition, he said.
According to Prof. Sidhu, only the plantation drives will not serve the purpose until these will be followed up on regular basis. In the recent past, during Covid-19 people realized the importance of oxygen which is provided to us by the trees without any cost.
When trees are taking care of human being, then it becomes our duty and responsibility to grow more and more trees and also to monitor them regularly.
Besides oxygen, trees also accommodate variety of other life forms. Trees provide shelter to birds where they make their nests. Trees growing in the gardens, parks and along the roadsides provide shade, clean air and attractive surroundings. Trees are an integral part of the natural biodiversity. Let’s save trees for clean, green and healthy future.
- भू-तापीय तकनीक से टापरी में स्थापित होगा 8 करोड़ रुपये का सीए प्लांट: मुख्यमंत्री
- देश के वीर सैनिकों ने हमेशा बढ़ाया भारत वर्ष का मान-सम्मान:बंडारू
- CM SHOWCASES SECTOR WISE ACHIEVEMENTS OF STATE GOVERNMENT IN VARIOUS FIELDS
- प्रदेश सरकार जनसमस्याओं का समयबद्ध समाधान करने के लिए प्रतिबद्ध: मुख्यमंत्री
- Bansal demands Government College, School and Hospital at Manimajra
- SERVICE PENDENCY AT PUNJAB SEWA KENDRAS LOWEST IN LAST 5 YEARS: AMAN ARORA
- TAKE SOLEMN PLEDGE TO WIPE OUT SOCIAL MALADIES FROM STATE: CM URGES PEOPLE ON DUSSEHRA
- CCPCR organizes awareness session on POCSO Act
- Mayor flags off a contingent of enforcement vehicles
- Transport Minister flags off two direct buses from Khemkaran to Chandigarh and Tarn Taran to Sri Muktsar Sahib
- MCC to treat wastewater generated from Gaushalas in city
- मुख्यमंत्री ने मंडी जिला के 3800 आपदा प्रभावितों को वितरित किए 31 करोड़ रुपये
astrology Chandigarh News Choices Covid editor's pick Haryana News Headline Health News Highlight Himachal News India News Jammu&Kashmir latest jobs Mizoram North India News Panchkula News Panjab University Popular Punjab news Top Trendy What's New