Delhi, August 1
According to a senior official, Tata Group is preparing to introduce the “First in India” seating system for Vande Bharat Express trains starting in September 2022 and plans to spend Rs 3,000 crore on R&D by FY26.
By 2030, the steel-to-salt conglomerate hopes to rank among the top 5 technology firms worldwide in the steel sector.
Rs 145 crore bulk order for seating systems of the Vande Bharat express went to Tata Steel’s Composites division and that includes the supply of complete seating systems for 22 train sets, with 16 coaches in each train set.
Fibre Reinforced Polymer (FRP) will be used in the seats because of its increased corrosion resistance and low maintenance requirements. Additionally, it will meet the European standard for fire-retardant construction and improved passenger safety and comfort.
The second-fastest train in India, the Vande Bharat Express, also known as Train 18, travels at a 130 km/hr top speed.
What you can expect in ‘First In India’ for Vande Bharat Express is that these seats are specially designed, can rotate 180 degrees, and have amenities similar to those found in aeroplanes.
This is a first-in-India supply that will be carried out over a 12-month period beginning in September 2022.
The facility will produce sandwich panels with an aluminium honeycomb core that will primarily be used for rail and metro coaches.
- Dr Mansukh Mandaviya addresses Global Vaccine Research Collaborative Discussion on Vaccine Research and Development, a G20 co-branded event
- PM chairs high level meeting to take stock of the situation in the wake of the train mishap in Odisha
- Haryana Deputy Chief Minister presented a gift of Rs 12.20 crores to Narnaul region
- ATP arrested for bribery, demanded Rs 40 lakh in exchange for preventing the demolition of unauthorized colony
- PEDAL TO KEEP DISEASES AWAY, HEALTH MINISTER GIVES MANTRA ON WORLD BICYCLE DAY
- Punjab to forge strategic partnership with Israel for better water management: Jimpa
- Panjab University, Chandigarh conducted the entrance test PUTHAT -2023 for admission to Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Bachelor of Tourism and Travel Management courses
- Employees to hold demonstration in support of their demands
- Punjabi language in the B.A. Courses in the Panjab University(PU)
- Sports Minister Meet Hayer congratulates Indian team for winning Junior Hockey Asia Cup
- Meet Hayer visits Bhakra-Nangal project, inspects Dam and Reservoir
- All Zodiac Signs horoscope for 13 May, 2023 – Daily horoscope today May 13, 2023
astrology Chandigarh News editor's pick Haryana News Health News Himachal News India News Jammu&Kashmir latest jobs Mizoram North India News Panchkula News Panjab University Punjab news